Monday 19 October 2009

Why German Shepherds Are The Best

While they seem dangerous and not knowing one could lead you to fearfulness of them, the German Shepherd is one of the more gentle, loving breeds of dog once you've had the opportunity to get close to one. German Shepherds are extremely smart, and an experience with one can form a relationship that you'll remember for the rest of your life.

Here are a few things that I personally love about German Shepherds. I've owned three of them in my life, and I can say with confidence that they're my favorite breed of dog. It took me a bit of time before I fully appreciated them, but these are some incredible creatures that I couldn't imagine life without at this point.

First of all, German Shepherds are extremely protective. They legitimately make for excellent watch dogs. If you live in a house, especially one with children, you'll find comfort in the fact that most German Shepherds will sleep by the door. They're always on the lookout for something out of the ordinary, and you'll definitely know when they sense it. Their bark will not only alert you, but it does present itself as a deterrent to any potential intruders.

The second thing I would say about these dogs is that they're great with children. Any dog that's good with kids is a huge plus if you live in a household with kids in it. Children will love their canine friend, and the dogs will give that love right back. My kids absolutely loved their German Shepherds growing up.

It's critical that you know how to train a German Shepherd the right way. Find out what you need to know at the German Shepherd training blog.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Scott_Maloney

No comments:

Post a Comment